This article lists common error messages which you may encounter when exporting to Quickbooks Desktop. These errors can be found on the Export page.
Error: Quickbooks had a problem receiving an expense item from us. The response from the application was: The "billable status" field has an invalid value "NotBillable". Quickbooks error message. Target is not reimbursable.
The GL accounts that can be billable are limited to Expenses, Other Expenses, and Cost of Goods sold - (Expense Category is mapped to an Income (other) type of account, which does not allow billable/non-billable expenses).
- Change mapping of problem categories
- Edit the expense to be not billable
- Change the category to something else
Note: Expenses that are tagged with a 'Customer' will automatically be synced through to QuickBooks with the 'Billable' field filled out, whether or not it is or is not billable. Because these expenses have the 'Customer' expense field, which is mapped to 'customer' in QuickBooks, filled out, it is preventing the expenses from syncing and throwing the 'Billable' error.
Error: This application is unable to log into this QuickBooks company data file automatically. The QuickBooks administrator must grant permission for an automatic login through the Integrated Application preferences. If such permission was already granted, the administrator must revoke permission, save preferences, then grant the permission again.
The error is displayed when Tallie is not added as an Integrated application in QuickBooks.
Remove TallieConnect from the System tray then try to re-launch it.
- Go to QuickBooks > Edit > Preferences > Integrated Applications > Company Preferences > TallieConnect > Remove
- Once you have done the above, please run through these additional steps: Troubleshooting QuickBooks Desktop Queued Reports & Sync Issues
Error: Cannot sync without a corporate card account selected
This error occurs when the Admin is exporting Corporate Card Expenses into the accounting system and the Cards are not mapped with a Credit card type GL account.
- Go to the "Manage Lists" on the Tallie page
- Select the corporate cards tab
- Locate the card and map it with a credit card type GL account.
Error: An Attempt was made to modify a Credit Card Charge with a date that is on or before the Closing Date of the Company. If you want to do this, please ask a User with Admin privileges to remove the Password for Editing Transactions on or before to Closing Date (this setting is in the Accounting Company Preferences) then try again.
This error is typical when previously exported charges are being exported - the exported record already exists in the closed period and can't be changed without an admin password.
There are three options to resolve this error:
- Edit the entry manually in QuickBooks, edit in Tallie, and export to the Tallie archive (Archiving Expense Reports)
- Delete the original entry in QuickBooks, move the items to a new report, and approve and export
- Remove the password requirement as outlined in the error message from QuickBooks to allow them to edit a closed period and try the export again
Error: Tallie error Quickbooks had a problem receiving an Expenseitem from us. The response from the application was: The "billable status" field has an invalid value "Billable". QuickBooks error message: Target is not reimbursable.
This error occurs when an incorrect GL account is selected as an Item type and Item is an account type that does not support Billable expenses.
- Login to Tallie and locate the expense on the “Purchases” page
- Edit the expense information and update the Expense Category
- The account type will need to be changed in QuickBooks
- Sync with Tallie in order to change to an acceptable account to receive billable/non-billable expenses from
- Once the account type is changed initiate an export again
Error: Object "XYZ" specified in the request cannot be found. QuickBooks error message: Invalid argument. The specified record does not exist in the list.
This error indicates that the item mapped to an expense is no longer active or deleted.
- Login to QuickBooks and create the item or make it active
- Run a Sync
- Go to mapping and re-map the item to its appropriate category.
- Re-export the data
Error: Quickbooks had a problem receiving an expense from us. The response from the application was: The request has not been processed. The vendor name "VENDOR NAME" of the list element is already in use. Please rename the merchant on this expense or find the employee, customer, or other name that matches the merchant on this expense in Quickbooks and rename it, then re-export.
The error occurs when exporting a transaction into QuickBooks with a list name that already exists in a different list in QuickBooks. QuickBooks does not allow you to create a new item with the same name.
There are two options to resolve this error:
- Please update or modify the name of the vendor in Tallie and re-export the expense
- Locate the vendor on the 'other name' list on Quickbooks, delete it from the 'other name' list, and then try to export again
Error: QuickBooks had a problem Receiving an Account from us. The response from the Application was: There was an error when Modifying the Accounts list element (XYZ). QuickBooks error message: This List has been Modified by another user.
The account list in Tallie does not match the list in QuickBooks Desktop.
Contact Support to run a full sync on your account.