You can attach a receipt image to an email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address associated with your Tallie account. This feature will be especially useful for those who are not using Apple or Android mobile devices. This article will show you how to email receipts to Tallie.
- Attach a receipt image to a blank email and send it to email@example.com.
- If you have more than one Tallie account, you can specify the target enterprise for the receipt by including the enterprise name in the email subject. The destination enterprise name must match with what’s shown on your Identity page (capitalization and spacing do not need to match, but punctuation must match exactly).
- If no matching enterprise is found in your identity or subject line is blank, Tallie will upload the receipt to all enterprises you’re connected to.
- You’ll see that receipt appear as a new expense tile on your Purchases page.
- Please Note: If you have a message in the email body and attachments, both will be uploaded into Tallie. There will be a single expense tile in Purchases with two or more receipts attached.
- You can also forward any HTML receipts that you received from e-commerce merchants, such as Amazon, Uber, and hotel or flight booking sites to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The system will treat the email body as if it’s an image and scan for information to populate the Merchant Name, Date, and Amount fields.
To add an email address to your account:
- Click on your name in the upper-right corner.
- In the menu, click Edit your account.
- Click Add new email to this identity.
- Enter the email address which you will be sending receipts from, and then click Add Email.
- Please Note: You will not be able to add any email address that is used as the primary email for another Tallie account.
- You’ll receive an email titled “Please verify your new email address” in the email inbox you just added. Simply click Verify in the email to complete the action.