If credit card transactions are being uploaded into Tallie, they can be split out into sub-accounts. This is currently only supported for CSV file types. This article will show you how to upload a credit card bank file with sub-accounts.
Upload a Credit Card Bank File Containing Sub-accounts.
- Navigate to the Credit Cards page and click on Add a Credit Card in the upper right corner.
- Configure a manual upload profile.
- Upload a bank file that contains sub-accounts.
- On the next screen, you’ll be asked to select whether you paid or received the amount for the transactions. When the file has been uploaded, you’ll see a confirmation similar to this:
- Finally, configure for transactions to be auto-imported and assign sub-accounts to different cardholders.
File Column Requirements
Your downloaded file from your bank should upload, however, in the event you are having trouble, you can modify the file to include these columns:
- Card No. (requires this exact name including punctuation)
- Currency (optional)
- When a newly uploaded file contains accounts(s) that didn’t previously exist, Tallie will import them and add additional subaccounts to the existing card profiles without having to refresh the page.
- If the last 4 digits entered when creating a card profile doesn’t exist in the file, it will be created as a sub-account with no transactions.
- If you do not enter a 4 digit number for the card when creating the source, the top level account will contain no transactions and all cards are added as sub-accounts. The empty top level card can be deleted without affecting the sub-accounts.
- If the last 4 digits are the same on 2 or more cards, use as many digits are required to ensure uniqueness between the cards.