To configure Projects, click on Manage Lists in the navigation bar, and then click Projects.
While you may manually add projects to Tallie, it is recommended that you sync your projects/jobs from your QuickBooks Desktop using TallieConnect or via the Sync Now button in Integration & Sync.
- To manually add a Project to Tallie, click Add Project.
- To edit an individual project, simply click the name.
- To edit multiple projects at once, check off a few, and click Mass Update.
After choosing a project to edit (or choosing to add a new project), click on the Details tab to get started.
- If you synchronized this project from your accounting software, the Parent Project and Project Name will be automatically populated (highlighted with orange boxes).
- To create a new parent customer:
- Enter the customer name in the Project Name field.
- Then, leave the Parent Project drop-down blank.
- To create a new sub-job for an existing customer:
- Select the Parent Project using the drop-down menu.
- Then, enter the Project Name.
- Start & End Dates are not required, but these can be utilized to restrict when projects are available for expense tracking.
- When using Departments/Classes for expense reports, you may select a default class for the project.