While a catch-all, default approver may be selected, Tallie also gives the option to set up multiple levels of approval. This guide will demonstrate how to configure User-Based Approvals in Tallie.
Specific people such as managers can be assigned as approvers to individual employees. To access the People list:
Click the Manage Lists tab in the navigation bar
- Click People.
- To edit an individual’s settings, click on his or her name.
- Click on the tab labeled Approvers.
- Click on the drop-down menu to select a Manager for the User level.
Please Note: The manager must have the Approve Expenses box checked under their Permissions tab before they are listed here as an available approver.
To add User Additional Expense Approver(s):
- Click on Add Expense Approver.
- Select additional names from the drop down.
Depending on which option you select (Any approver vs. All approvers), the requirement for their approvals will change accordingly.
- With Any approver can approve expenses, all those listed will see it, but only one person will be required to approve the report before it moves to the next stage.
- With All approvers must approve expenses. All approvers listed must approve before the report moves to the next stage.
- Please Note: If you have checked the box labeled Only use expense approvers on this page, the system will skip all other levels of approvers (i.e. project approvers and global approvers).