The Tallie iOS app allows users to track expenses on the go. Users can simply take a picture of their receipts at the point of purchase and upload it to the app, so they won’t have to worry about losing any important documentation. The app is available for download in the Apple App Store. This article will show you how to create expenses and enter receipts using the Tallie app.
To create expenses in the Tallie iOS app, from any unsubmitted report, tap the Green + button at the bottom, and four options will appear. Simply tap on them or swipe left or right to begin:
- Focus the camera on a receipt.
- Tap the camera button to capture the image.
- Tap Use Receipt to upload.
- The image will be sent through our receipt processing system where its merchant, date, and amount data will be discerned. If possible, Tallie will also categorize the new expense based on its similarity to previous expenses that have been submitted.
- You may also tap on any field to manually enter information during the scanning process.
Import from Library
- Tap the PHOTOS text to access receipt images stored in your iPhone library.
- Select one or several receipts and tap Import Selected.
- Tap the Mileage text.
- Tap Start to use your current location as the starting point or enter an alternative address, city, or business name, etc.
- Tap Stop to use your current location as the destination, or enter a different location.
- Tap the arrow(s) to the right of the address fields to switch between one-way and round trip.
- Once starting point and destination are set, tap Save Trip to begin mileage calculation. You may enter other details for this expense once it’s been created.
Don’t have a receipt? No problem. Simply tap the Manual button to begin entering the pertinent data of an expense, and tap Save Expense when completed.
To delete an individual expense:
- Tap on an expense you wish to delete.
- Tap the 3 dots in the upper-right corner, then select Delete.
- You will be asked to confirm before the expense is deleted.
To delete multiple expenses:
- Tap the circular category icon to select a few expenses. To select/unselect all, tap the check at the bottom.
- Then, tap the trash can-looking delete button that has appeared in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- Likewise, you will be asked to confirm before the expenses are deleted.
To duplicate an expense:
- From the Expense Report view, tap on the expense you wish to duplicate to expand it.
- Tap on the button with 3 dots in the upper-right corner.
- Select Duplicate Expense. This option is available for mileage and manually-created expenses only. Note that currently, duplicated expenses are missing the receipts associated with the original expense. Our developers are working on including them in duplicated expenses.