Updating TallieConnect Follow
Every once in a while, we release a new version of TallieConnect with enhanced stability and performance improvements. We recommend users to update to the newest release. This article will show you how to uninstall a previous version of, install the newest version of, and configure TallieConnect.
To ensure a complete installation, we recommend un-installing any old versions of TallieConnect you may have installed on your machine prior to installing the new version. To check the version of the TallieConnect you’re running, simply right-click on the TallieConnect icon in the system tray, and select About.
- Navigate to the TallieConnect program folder on your computer. By default, this is usually located in:
- C Drive
- Program Files (x86)
- If you’ve previously customized the install location of TallieConnect, the location of the uninstaller may vary.
- Find and run the application labeled UnInstall_TallieConnect.
- Click Uninstall within the uninstaller.
- Close the application when the uninstallation is complete.
Installing the New TallieConnect
- Login to your Tallie account.
- Navigate to the Settings area by clicking the Gear icon in the upper-right. You may also click your name and select Settings.
- Click the Download TallieConnect button.
- From the Settings > Home page:
- From the Settings > Integration & Sync > Overview page:
- When the download finishes, run the TallieConnect Installer and click Next on the first screen.
- If you’re a hosting provider who’s installing TallieConnect for a client, check the Hosted Environment Setup option. Otherwise, click Next to install TallieConnect on your local drive.
- Click Install.
- Once the installation is complete, click Finish.
- Locate the TallieConnect icon in your system tray.
- Please Note: You may need to select the upward arrow and select the icon from the list that appears.
- Right-click the icon and select Sign in and connect to Quickbooks.
- Enter your Tallie login credentials, and click Sign In.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish configuring TallieConnect.