This article lists common error messages that BILL may return when syncing List or Expense data between Tallie and BILL.
Error: Project "XXX" has not been properly mapped to a BILL Project. This is required for BILL exports.
This export error will appear if the list object is not synced with BILL. This applies to any list:
If the sync does not work, try modifying the list object in BILL:
1. Modify the list name and Save.
2. Then, remove the modification and click Save.
3. Click Sync Now and test the export.
If the error persists, please reach out to support and request a full sync.
Error: A problem occurred between Tallie and BILL - BDC_1192: The vendorId cannot be updated on the Bill because there are existing payments.
If there are existing payments in BILL, the vendor cannot be updated in Tallie. This can occur for the following reasons:
- If the expense report has already been exported to BILL
- If the admin un-exported the expense report in Tallie and made changes to the expense report.
- If the bill was already paid in BILL and the user tried to export the report again
To solve this, archive the expense report in Tallie and use the existing bill in BILL.
If you do need to export the expense report from Tallie to BILL again, first reject the report. Then, move all the expenses onto a new Report ID. Then, re-submit the report, approve it, and export it.
Please Note: If you are re-submitting and exporting, you'll need to adjust the accounting in BILL for the previous bill that was already paid so you do not double pay or double book.
Error: BILL vendor not mapped
This error occurs when BILL and Tallie are out of sync, The vendor does not exist in the BILL or is not mapped.
1. Check if that vendor is active in the BILL
2. Check if the vendor is mapped in Tallie
3. Check the last sync date and time under Integration and Sync> Overview and run a sync and see if the timestamp for the sync updates.
4. If it still does not appear after trying the steps mentioned above please reach out to Tallie support.
Error: Tallie has detected a change has been made to your accounting software integration in BILL.
This happens when some changes are made to BILL integration or when there is maintenance to BILL.
Run a sync by navigating to Integration and Sync > Overview tab and see if the time stamp for the sync updates. If the issue still persists, please reach out to support.
Error: A problem occurred between Tallie and BILL- BDC_1205: No data found for an object with id 00901MDGBKGYJS16tauc
This error occurs when there is a change made to the accounting integration to BILL, mass deletion of any data from the BILL system, or vendor does not exist in BILL.
Correct the vendor mapping and try exporting again.
- To map your Tallie People to the BILL Vendors, go to Manage Lists > People, and click on a name.
- Go to the Mapping tab > select the proper BILL Vendor to map the individual to, and click Save.
Account Connection Issues
There are three causes for when your Tallie account will not connect to BILL:
- The admin has not accepted the welcome invite from Tallie
- Email addresses are not matching in BILL and Tallie for the admin
- If using QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooks Online your accounting software setting could be set to Archive in Tallie
- You have not synced with Tallie yet if you're using QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooks Online
There are a few ways to solve this issue:
- The admin should ensure their BILL email matches their Tallie email
- Accept the invite from Tallie and try to log in once
- If you use QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooks Online, try syncing Tallie with those. Once synced, you can connect your BILL account.
General Steps for Errors with Syncing to BILL
Step 1: Unlink BILL Integration Settings on the Export Page by hovering over the linked email.
Step 2: Reconnect to BILL