Adding Users for the Intacct Sync Follow
If you prefer to setup a specific sync user for Tallie to connect to Intacct, rather than use your own Intacct credentials, you can set up a sync user by following the steps below to ensure that you’re not charged for an extra business user. This article will show you how to set up a sync user for new connections, existing connections, and existing customers with differently named sync users
- In Intacct, go to the Company menu.
- Click on the orange plus next to Web Services Users to add a new user.
- Set up the user to look like the screenshot below, making sure to do the following:
- Assign the user the ID of “xmlgw_tallie”.
- Enter "Tallie" as the First and Last name.
- Enter your email (the administrator) into the Email Address field.
- Ensure the user is a Business user type, with Full admin privileges.
Once the user is saved, Intacct will email the administrator a confirmation email with the Sync User's password.
- Return to the Company menu > go to Company Info > Add "SpringAhead" to the Web Services Authorizations list.
- Navigate to Tallie Settings > Integration & Sync > Sync Settings.
- Enter the the Intacct Company login name, the User id of “xmlgw_tallie”, and the new Sync User Password.
Existing Customers with Differently Named Sync Users
You will need to disconnect from Intacct in Tallie's Settings > Integration & Sync > Sync Settings, and reconnect with the xmlgw_tallie user by following the steps outlined in the section above. Also, you must change the original sync user in Intacct to Status:Inactive to avoid any further charges.