Exporting to Xero Follow
Once an expense report has been completely approved, it’s ready to be exported to Xero. This article will show you how to configure Tallie export settings, and export reimbursable and non-reimbursable expenses.
Configure Export Settings
Once you’ve connected Tallie with Xero, your export settings are defaulted to export both reimbursable expenses and corporate card transactions to Xero. To review or make changes to the settings:
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Integration & Sync.
- Select Export Settings.
- From here, leave “I pay reimbursable expenses/non-reimbursable expenses through my” as is (Accounting), and modify your export settings according to your team’s preferences as needed. Be sure to click Save when completed.
Export Reimbursable Expenses
Once you have reports ready for export, navigate to your Export page and click Export to the right of the report you wish to export, or click Export All in the top-left corner to export all reports currently displayed.
To locate the exported bills in Xero:
- Click on Accounts.
- Select Purchases.
- Depending on your export settings, your reports may be exported as draft, awaiting approval, or awaiting payment. Simply click on the amount to view the bills.
- This is what a draft bill exported from Tallie would look like:
- Each line item description includes “Expense Date, Expense Category, Vendor Name.”
- Receipts attached to the report will be combined in a PDF attachment and exported to Xero. You may click the Paper icon, then click the PDF file name to view it. The attachment is the same PDF file you may download from Tallie by clicking the Printer icon in any expense report header.
- Please Note: Marking a report as unexported and re-exporting it will update the previously exported bill in Xero. This feature comes in handy when you need to make changes to an exported expense report, such as when an expense is coded to the wrong project after it has been exported. Simply correct it in Tallie and re-export.
Export Corporate Card Transactions
To locate your exported non-reimbursable charges in Xero
- Click on Accounts.
- Select Bank Accounts.
- Click on the account name.
- You’ll see a list of transactions posted to this account. Likewise, clicking on the Paper icon to the right will reveal the receipt image.