To help keep track of your expenses, Tallie can be used to import your credit card transactions from a downloaded credit card statement. If you aren't able to import your company cards via a direct connection from our partner database, or through a SFTP feed, you can upload card expenses as a CSV file and assign them to cardholders.
Download a CSV of the company card transactions from your bank
File Column Requirements
Your downloaded file from your bank should upload; however, if you are having trouble, you can modify the file to include these header values for your columns exactly as displayed below, including punctuation:
- Card No. (optional for single-card setups)
- Currency (optional)
Each card in the Card Number column needs to have at least the last 4 digits, you can mask or remove additional characters (e.g. 543210XXXXXX12345).
Create a Profile for Statement Upload in Tallie
- Navigate to the Credit Cards page, and click Add a Credit Card.
- Next, click I have a different type of card.
- Next, click Create a profile for statement upload.
- On the next page, you'll be prompted to enter the name of your bank. Select whether the charges from the account are reimbursable or non-reimbursable, select which currency the transactions are in, and optionally enter the last 4 digits of the account. And then click Save Credit Card Profile.
- Once the profile has been created, click Continue to upload transactions to begin the file import.
- Simply drag and drop the file you've downloaded from your online bank portal in the window, or click to navigate to the file.
- Once your file finishes uploading to Tallie you'll see a summary of the number of transactions that were uploaded successfully, the number of new cards created that you can assign the number of cards that had transaction data contained in the file
Configure and Assign your Card(s)
- Once the card is added profile is added assign sub-accounts to different cardholders (you can skip this step if you're not managing more than one card)
- Check "auto-import to purchases page" (optional)
- Indicate the statement start date from the Statement Start Day of the Month drop-down
- The default setting is the 1st of the month
- This setting will impact the date range of auto-generated reports in Tallie when transactions are imported from this subaccount.
Import new transaction data to the purchases page
From the Purchases page, click on the credit card icon, select the transactions you need and click Import Transactions.
If you have enabled auto-import you'll only need to do this once per card on setup, subsequent uploads will auto-import the assigned cardholder's purchases page.
For more details see this guide: Manually Importing Transactions from a Credit Card
- When a newly uploaded file contains new values in the Card No. column Tallie will import them as new sub-accounts to the existing card profiles without refreshing the page.
- When creating a card profile, if the last four digits don't exist in the file, it will be created as a sub-account with no transactions.
- If you do not enter a 4-digit number for the card when creating the source, the top-level account will contain no transactions and all cards will be added as sub-accounts. The empty top-level card can be deleted without affecting the sub-accounts.
- If the last four digits are the same on two or more cards, use as many digits as required to ensure uniqueness between the card number values
- OFX, QIF, QFX files are supported for only for single-card configurations