Uploading a Credit Card Statement (Individual & Multi-Card) Follow
Tallie can be used to import your credit card transactions from a downloaded credit card statement to help keep track of your expenses. This feature will be especially helpful for people who use banks not offered through our partner database. This article will show you how to manually upload credit card statement data into your account.
- To upload transactions manually, go to the Credit Cards page, and click Add a Credit Card.
- Next, click I have a different type of card.
- Next, click Create a profile for statement upload.
- On the next page, you’ll be prompted to enter the name of your bank. Select whether the charges from the account are reimbursable or non-reimbursable, select which currency the transactions are in, and enter the last 4 digits of the account. And then, click Save Credit Card Profile.
- Once the account has been successfully created, you can click Continue to upload transactions to begin the file import.
- Simply drag and drop the file you’ve downloaded from the online bank portal in the window, or click to navigate to the file.
- Once the card is added you can indicate the statement start date from the Statement Start Day of the Month drop-down.
- Now from the Purchases page, click on the credit card icon, select the transactions you need and click Import Transactions.
Supported File Formats
File Column Requirements
Include the following fields as the column headers in your file:
Enter the transaction date in the date column, the merchant in the payee column, and the individual amount in the amount column.
Multi-Card Statement Uploading
If credit card transactions are being uploaded into Tallie, they can be split out into sub-accounts. This is currently only supported for CSV file types.
- Follow the same steps as above for adding a credit card, selecting create a profile for statement upload, and entering your card information.
- Next, configure for transactions to be auto-imported and assign sub-accounts to different cardholders.
File Column Requirements
Your downloaded file from your bank should upload, however, in the event you are having trouble, you can modify the file to include these columns:
- Card No. (requires this exact name including punctuation)
- Currency (optional)
- When a newly uploaded file contains accounts(s) that didn’t previously exist, Tallie will import them and add additional sub-accounts to the existing card profiles without having to refresh the page.
- When creating a card profile, if the last 4 digits doesn’t exist in the file, it will be created as a sub-account with no transactions.
- If you do not enter a 4-digit number for the card when creating the source, the top-level account will contain no transactions and all cards are added as sub-accounts. The empty top-level card can be deleted without affecting the sub-accounts.
- If the last 4 digits are the same on 2 or more cards, use as many digits as required to ensure uniqueness between the cards.