Spend Limits help companies track budgets by providing alerts when an employee overspends in a certain expense category within a specific time frame.
This article will show you how to configure Executive Spend Limits.
Add Executive Expense Categories
- To add an Expense Category, click on the gear icon in the upper right.
- Click on the Manage Lists tab.
- Click on Expense Categories.
- Click on Add Expense Category.
- In the Name section, put 'Executive' before the Expense Type to indicate it is an Executive Expense Category. Fill out the remaining category details.
- Please Note: If you have expense accounts that are different for Non-Executives, add them under the Accounting Section.
- Click Create when finished.
To configure policies for Executive Expense Categories:
- Navigate to Company Preferences.
- Click on Policies.
- To add a new policy, click on Add a New Policy.
- Select an Executive Expense Category.
- To add additional Executive Expense Categories to this policy, click Add Expense Category.
- Input a dollar amount in the Set Spend Threshold or Reimbursement Limit fields.
- After setting a spend threshold, you can require Executives to submit additional information before submitting an expense.
- Name the policy to match the Expense Categories added.
- Click Create Policy when finished.
To add a Group to an Executive Expense Category:
- Click on Manage Lists.
- Click on Groups.
- Click on Add Group.
- Put 'Executives' as the Group Name.
- Under Group Members, add any Executive users to this Group.
- Add any Executive Expense Categories to the Group.
- Click Create Group when finished.
- To make sure that Non-Executive users cannot see the Executive Expense Categories, add them to a separate Group entitled Non-Executive.
- Add any Non-Executive users and Expense Categories to the Group.